BE-OI is composed of nine work packages in order to meet the main objectives towards the BE-Drilling Phase:
- Preparation for site selection
- Site selection
- Technical planning
- Financial planning
- International and cross-disciplinary cooperation
The workpackages of BE-OI combine the different methodological aspects and the consecutive implementation based on the two key regions of interest.
The first three workpackages
- Logistic support and coordination
- Geophysical site definition
- Fast drilling tools to qualify sites, age validation
cover the objective to "Prepare for site selection". They will consider the acquisition, analysis and evaluation of new data to create the pre-conditions for site selection. The worckpages
- Site selection, and science and management plans
- Drilling technology
- Cost forecasting and financial frameworks
- The international and cross-disciplinary context
are directed towards the planning and implementation of the BE-Drilling Phase.
In addition, two further workpackages will ensure cooperation and communication within the project, management of the project and proper treatment of ethical aspects.