The role of the Liaison and Advisory Group (LAG) is to give recommendations and support to the strategic steering of the project in close collaboration with the governing bodies. This ensures bidirectional information flow between BE-OI and other international efforts in Antarctic Ice Sheet reconnaissance, paleoclimate, and ice core science.
The appointed members of the board are:
- Tas van Ommen, Australia, ice core and climate scientist
- Ed Brook, USA, ice core scientist and co-chair of IPICS
- Kumiko Goto-Azuma, Japan, ice core scientist
- Marie-France Loutre, Switzerland, paleoclimate modeller and executive officer of PAGES
- Ed Waddington, USA, glaciologist and geophysicist
- Ros Rickaby, UK, paleoceanographer